Curated Closet: Replacing disposables in the Kitchen
The kitchen consists of many disposable items that are toxic to the environment. You can check our blog posts about identifying what to replaced and how to eliminate food and other waste in the kitchen. The items below are mere suggestions as there are so many alternatives and of course you can probably find things cheaper somewhere else. We prefer natural ingredients in our cleaning products, and we usually check with the EWG Guide to Healthy cleaning to ensure there is nothing harmful to humans. We look for high quality, sustainability, business transparency, blogger testing and customer reviews when selecting alternatives.
WHERE TO BUY THESE PRODUCTS:
- Pyrex and Anchor Glass Containers with Lids Prices vary
- Eco-Friendly Silicone Lid - 6 Pack - $15.99
- Bread Wrap and Lunch Pack in Bees and Bears Print 3 pack - $21.00
- Mason Jars- Prices based on Size and Volume.
- Silicone Cupcake/Muffin Mold - $9.99, Silicone 3 Piece Non Stick Baking Mats - 3 pack - $14.99
- Silicone Slide n' Save Reusable Storage Bags - 4 Pack - $12.97
- Stainless Steel Rectangular 3-in-1 ECOlunchbox - $29.99/ea.
- KOR ONE Water Bottle - 750ml - $25
- ATTITUDE Dishwasher Eco-Pouches - $13.04 + Attitude Dishwashing Liquid Pink Grapefruit, 23.7 Fluid Ounce - $12.19
- Twist Euro Sponge Cloth 3pk - #3.49 . + Loofah Scrubby 1ct -$3.49 (We only selected sponge and loofah based on our bias against eco brushes as we don't like how they clean. You are welcome to give it a try.)
- Reusable Straws (Glass, Wheat, Bamboo, Stainless Steel )
- Organic Reusable Napkins - 4 Pack - $9.95 (4 colors Coral, Eggplant, Maroon, Navy, Torquise )
- Three Bluebirds Swedish Dishcloths - $6.95