Week 1: Embracing a Zero Waste Lifestyle by taking inventory.
So last week I identified and itemized the disposable and harmful things in my kitchen. In order to set realistic and manageable goals, I want to first document my daily routines and organize them based on the level of environmental impact and complexity.
Here is my organized routine based on environmental impact:
- Used 1-2 paper towels and toilet paper throughout the day.
- packaged foods for lunch and sometimes dinner. Cardboard packaging, plastic containers, plastic wrapping.
- Kleenex tissue paper
- cleaning fridge and discarding old leftovers.
- Latex gloves for my eczema.
- Water usage:
- Flushing toilets 3 - 4 times a day
- Washing dishes two times a day
- laundry two loads once a week.
So now that I have taken inventory of things, I want to make an action plan of how I can gradually adapt to this new Zero-waste lifestyle.